Perfect for a Cornish cream tea
200g ultra fine fibre flour
50g fibre sugar or similar sweetner
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp lemon juice to activate the baking powder
1 egg and about 3tbsp milk or cream ( I used soy milk)
1. Rub the butter into the flour until you have fine breadcrumbs, add the sweetner and baking powder and mix.
2. Add the egg, lemon juice and milk and mix until the mixture comes together, add more milk if necessary.
3. Turn out onto a work surface and cut out 6 scones and place onto a baking sheet. You can go smaller if you want to to make more scones, just use a smaller cutter and bake for 15 mins.
4. Brush with egg yolk if you like a nice sheen on your scones.
5. Bake Gas 5 or 180 fan for 20 mins.
6 Serve with your favourite no sugar jam and good dollop of fresh Cornish clotted cream.
Variations - If you are not on a seriously low carb diet then add some sultanas, glace cherries or other dried fruit. Chopped nuts also work well.