100g Fibre flour ( not ultra fine it does not work for pastry)
A little water to bind
No Sugar Jam of your choice or leave out
50g fibre sugar or other sweetner
10g ultra fine fibre flour
50 g ground almonds
1 tsp almond extract
Blanched almonds for the tops
1. Make the pastry. Rub the butter into the flour until it looks like breadcrumbs and then add about 1-2tbsp water to bind. Put in the freezer for 10 mins to firm up - it makes rolling out easier.
2. Make the frangipane. Cream the butter and sugar together, add the egg and then the flour, almonds and extract, mix until smooth
3. Roll out your pastry and cut out discs large enough to fit into a shallow 12 hole bun tin. Add half a teaspoon of jam to each case and then top with a teaspoon of the frangipane. Top each one with a whole almond
4. Bake gas 5 or 180 fan for 30 mins. If they get too brown after 20 mins turn your oven down a bit as you don't want a soggy bottom.
5. Leave to cool in the tin for about 10 mins to firm up the pastry otherwise it will fall apart if it's too hot.